New Regulation (06/07/2007)
With effect from July 1st, 2007, Power of Attorney (Procuration) issued in the context of a CCR (Certificat de Changement de Residence) are no more valid. The Algerian Customs remind that the presence of the holder of the CCR is compulsory to carry out customs procedures. Embassies and Consulates are not allowed to issue any Power of Attorney (Procuration) to be used in this context.?
If you are planning to leave South Korea for good then you may wish to apply for a certificate of change of residency.
The “Certificat de Changement de Residence- CCR” was established in order to enable Algerian expatriates planning to return home for good,after having lived at least three years abroad to be able to take back their personal belongings including a car, without paying custom duty and other taxes.
How to apply
- Applicant must be registered at the consulate.
- Applicant must provide documents which show three (3) years of legal and uninterrupted residence in South Korea?
- The CCR is granted once only to the Head of the family (spouse and minor children are not entitled to this). It is valid for six (6) months from the date of issue and cannot be extended without the approval of Algerian Customs (Direction Generale des Douanes).
- Declared items on the inventory list should under no circumstances be amended. The addition of other items may result in the cancellation of the CCR by Algerian Customs.
For the purpose of terminating residency in South Korea, please provide the following documents:
- Application Form
- Inventory of Personal Belonging.
- Original copy of the Consular Card
- Copies of pages 1,2,3 of the passport
- Original copies of Proof of residency in South Korea
- Vehicle registration documents, issued under the name of the applicant
- Original invoice for the car + copies
- Proof of activity or enrollment certificate for students or trainees.
Maximum permitted value of belongings (including a car)
- 2.000.000 Algerian Dinars , for applicants who are currently employed.
- 1.500 000 Algerian Dinars, for students and trainees.
A new vehicle (voiture touristique) and whose engine size does not exceed 2000 cm3 (for Petrol model) or 2500 cm3 (for Diesel model).
Or a new Light Commercial Vehicle (vehicule utilitaire neuf) whose total weight (Poids total en charge) does not exceed 5,950 tonnes Or a two wheel vehicle subject to registration. (Motor Bike)
Please note that a 25% tax is imposed on vehicles of which the capacity is between 1800 cm3 and 2100 cm3 (for Petrol models) and between 2100 cm3 and 2500 cm3 (for Diesel models)
The Algerian Embassy in Kuala Lumpur , informe the Algerian nationals based in South Korea that pursuant to the Order No. 05/05 of 25 July 2005 finance law complementary to 2005, imports of Used cars less than three (03) years, is eliminated. The two-month period, which was set from July 26, 2005 to implement this provision has now expired, only now the import of new vehicles is allowed. The date of issue of a change of residence certificate may not, in this case, be an exception
See guidance notes, in the “How to apply” section above
Students currently benefit from a 50% discount on the CCR consular fees.
When the final return includes the creation or transfer of an activity in Algeria, the National can also import without payment and clearance formalities dispensation in the control of foreign trade, duties and taxes are paid at a fixed flat rate of 5% FOB value, for the materials and equipment for carrying out the activity.
However, when it comes to a new authorized activity, materials and equipment mentioned above must be new or renovated under warranty from the date of importation.
The arrangements for implementing this section shall be assessed as required, by regulation.
- All documents required for the ordinary change of residence.
- Approval issued by the Algerian authorities concerned to exercise, the activity to be transferred or to create in Algeria,
- Proof of the effective exercise of an activity abroad in the last three years preceding the date of transfer.
In accordance with articles 36 of Presidential Decree No. 02-405 of 21 Ramadhan 1423 corresponding to 26 November 2002 related to consular services, including articles. 26 and 27 there will be a cancellation from consular records book.
- The deceased
- Back to Algeria for good
- Change of consular district,
- On a handwritten application seeking his removal.
- Absence, more than 10 years
This leads to the cancellation of the electoral roll when it comes to revisions to the list.